- Who makes a good mentor
Business mentoring is about building a trusting relationship with someone who needs help and guidance to succeed in business. Mentoring is not just about giving advice, it’s really about supporting or being an enabler for someone to learn how to best run their business. As a business mentor you're going to support and nurture a mentee, someone who without your help may not succeed with their business. You can provide your own opinions and bring your own unique experience to the business, helping your mentee get a kick start with their entrepreneurial career.
Qualities of a business mentor include:
- Self Awareness
- Good Problem solving skills
- An innate ability to help others realise their own resourcefulness.
- Good communication skills
- Organisation skills
Business mentoring is not:
- Mentoring is not, in the strictest sense, training, coaching, or teaching.
- Mentoring is not counselling or therapy
- Don't fall into the Father/Mother confessor trap.
If you have any questions please contact the Ixion Volunteer Mentors team via:
T: 0844 248 0515