- Who benefits from business mentoring?
Typically people who have been unemployed for a while and who have decided to take the plunge and set up on their own in business. These candidates sometimes lack in confidence and so part of your role will be to inspire and promote confidence. Areas of competence might include some of following:
- General advice and motivation support
- Finding customers
- Business research, planning and strategy
- Cash-flow forecasts/ P&L accounts
- Sales and Marketing strategies
- Back office, staffing and administrative knowledge (Business Systems)
- Web site/ knowledge/ social media
- Industry experience
- Personal survival budgets (while starting up the business)
Motivating Long Term Unemployed & Ex-Offenders:
People who are unemployed and seeking a job or those ex-offenders also seeking support and a job (you can choose to mentor both groups or just one). This requires less knowledge of a business compared to supporting enterprise start up's with more emphasis on positive motivation. Areas you are likely to be familiar with include:
- Motivating people
- Mind-set: creating a positive outlook
- Job Hunting techniques
- CV writing and presentation skills
- Information, advice and guidance
- Being able to deal with people who may have unique barriers that they have to overcome.
- Prepared to work with ex-offenders, you choose.
If you have any questions please contact the Ixion Volunteer Mentors team via:
T: 0844 248 0515