- business mentoring progression
There are two levels of business mentoring currently on offer. Silver mentors are for those who have recently started mentoring and are looking to expand their portfolio. Gold mentors are those who have been mentors for a longer amount of time and are looking to develop their mentoring further, possibly with an accredited training course.
In order to become a silver mentor you will need to:
- Complete the mentor application form online with your attached CV / cover letter
- Ixion will hold a regular "panel" to ensure the CV / cover letter demonstrates the applicants suitability to become a mentor for each category (start-up/ job seeker/ ex offender)
- Ixion will commission a DBS ( Disclosure & Barring Service) check once the mentor agrees to volunteering for 2 hours a week / 1 day a month
- For Start-Up mentors only: Proof of a rounded experienced career and business stature for the mentee's to respect is required, for which you agree that Ixion will be the sole judge of this criteria using its "panel".
Some people wish to enrich their learning about Mentoring. Therefore, to achieve Gold Mentor status you need to:
- Complete all of the above as a Silver mentor
- Complete our e-learning "Introduction to mentoring" course online (its free once you have started mentoring our mentee's) but you must pass the test and send our mentor co-ordinator the pass certificate before you can be advanced onto being a GOLD mentor for us.
- Additionally, you may wish to consider completing a Level 3 accredited Coaching and Mentoring course. Ixion can provide you with this course online.
Normal Cost is £1200 (list price), however. Gold Mentors on our scheme with Ixion get a reduced fee of £450*. Loans are available from Government (The Student Loans Company) to help you with any cost implications, if you are 24 years or older an *Adult learner loan (24+ Loans) can be secured at low interest rates via our parent company.
If you have any questions please contact the Ixion Volunteer Mentors team via:
T: 0844 248 0515